Tuesday 28 February 2012

Anvil and Forge

I've come to the conclusion, I should have been a blacksmith.
Beating the crap out of metal is so therapeutic.
But I didn't do too much beating today.
One large lump hammer as a anvil base, and one 50mm core
drill bit as an anvil round, and one extra lump hammer just for fun.  Out of shot is a plumbers blow torch.
I must admit that the  blowtorch heated the 5mm aluminium to
a point where I could easily bend it with pliers.
Only a little hammering neaded (boo hoo).
A bit of filing a lot of sanding and a bit of drilling later.
The trigger guard was ready to install.
Chiselling some meterial from the stock to fit the guard.
Two drill holes in the wood, and OMG no bloody screws.
Used two drywall screws as a temparary measure.
I will replace them after a visit to B & Q








No comments:

Post a Comment