Wednesday 29 February 2012

The Rail

I bought two pieces of aluminium angle for the rail.
Both of which ar 1mtr long. (One piece would have done).
They fit like a glove. I decided to shape a little arrow head in end of each side.
I also bought single slot wood screws to fix the rails in place, which i will do tomorrow.
The rails will eventually be bedded in epoxy and screwed in place after the wood has its finish.
The 175lbs prod I have ordered from merlin archery has a brace length of 4"
and a power stroke of 12" giving me a 16" prod to nut, rail length.
When the prod arrives I will shorten the stock and reshape the prod end of it.
What is next is research in attaching the prod.
I want to make it so it can be removed quickly and easily. Yet it has to look smooth with no nuts or bolts sticking out!







4 comments:

  1. Beautiful piece of work. I watched your videos on the trigger mechanism. I especially liked your safty mechanism. I would love to see more (as I am planning to start my own build). Again, beautiful work.

    Mike in Pa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bleach swords Ichigo Kurosaki is a 15 years old Japanese boy who has special and unique ability or characteristic to see spirits Ninja Sword





    ReplyDelete
  3. Parebéns, seu trabalho é fantástico, é dificil ver pessoas com esta habilidade. Também produzi minhas balestras, se quizer dar uma olhada vá no youtube e coloque: adleipereira / vídeos
    O acabamento de sua peça é de alta qualidade. Abraço

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job! Looking forward to seeing it fire on YouTube when you post the video(s).
    Steve

    ReplyDelete